Go North. What? Go to college in Canada. With all of the wonderful colleges in this country why would anyone want to go to Canada to attend college?
If paying for college is a concern for you and your family, then you need to consider all of your options. And believe it not, going to Canada for college might make a lot of sense. Consider these facts:
- A Canandian college degree is equivalent to one from an American college.
- With over 90 universities and over 150 colleges, Canada has a college to fit almost everyone’s needs.
- Several Canadian Universities are considered among the best in the world.
- The most expensive Canadian college has yearly tuition of $14,500 for US students. Compare that to $33,000 for out of state tuition at the University of Michigan and over $29,000 at UC Berkeley.
- American students can use US Federal Student Aid like Stafford loans at Canadian colleges.
- Most Canadian universities do not require the SAT or ACT.
Want to know more? Take a look at Canada’s Universities-A fact-filled guide for international students. Going to Canada for college is not for everyone. But for the almost 9,000 American students studying in Canada, it was a good choice.