1. The college admissions process starts with my helping your student to identify the sort of college that would be best for them. We provide guidance and a list of colleges that meet the criteria set by your student.
2. During this time we help your family understand the many aspects of paying for college to ensure that your family isn’t paying more for their ideal college than necessary.
3. Once your student has a list of possible colleges we assist them in understanding the application process.This includes brainstorming ideas for the essay and then editing of the essay until it best represents your student’s abilities.
4. We help your student plan college visits, understand how to give effective interviews and discuss how to get the best recommendations. Finally, discussions are held with your family regarding the best time for the student to apply whether it be early decision, early action or regular decision.
5. Once your student starts to receive acceptances we review each acceptance with your family to determine the best college for your student.
We help your student focus on what is important in finding the best college. If your child isn’t following the process to find the right college we work with them to get them back on track. This allows you as parents to be supportive without having to be nagging your child.
We use our background as a lawyer and information specialist to help your student view the strengths and weaknesses in their background. These unique views allow your student to enhance their strengths while minimizing the weaknesses.
As independent college counselors we limit the number of students that we work with to make sure that we can devote adequate time to each student. We are able to spend the time needed to address extra-curricular activities, essays, work and volunteer experience all of which have become more important as college admissions have become more difficult at many colleges.
We are also available weekends and evenings to answer questions you or your student might have. Depending on your location we are available in person, by phone, by email or by web cam To make sure we have current knowledge we are constantly visiting and evaluating colleges throughout the country.
Use our years of experience as college admission counselors to help your student find, and get accepted to, the college of their dreams.