I often have people ask me what I do. My response is that I help students with all aspects of the college admission process. Here is what I mean when I say that.
1. I get to know a student, both academically and socially, to understand what they are looking for in a college. I then find colleges that best fit that student’s needs.
2. I help students complete the college application. This includes helping them put together their list of activities to best showcase the student’s interests. I also brainstorm essay ideas with the student to further enhance their applications. Once the student has written the essay, I then edit the essay for content and grammar.
3. I provide information to student about visiting colleges including what to do during a visit, what to look for on a campus and questions to ask of the people they meet on the college visit.
4. I discuss with the student what they need to do to get the best recommendations from their teachers and counselor.
5. For those colleges that require an interview, I provide mock interviews to the students to help them understand, and prepare for, the interviews.
6. If a family needs financial aid to pay for college, I work with the family to help them understand the college financial aid process and the forms that need to be completed.
7. The timing of when a student submits the application can make a difference in whether they are accepted or not. I discuss early decision, early action and regular decision to help the student make the best choice of when to apply.
8. For younger students, I discuss what the most appropriate classes are for a student to take given their particular needs and abilities.
9. I also work with younger students to help decide a testing schedule for standardized testing, including when and which standardized test to take.
10. If there are any other issues that the student has related to the college admissions process, I help with that also.
When working with students I provide unlimited time with me to help the student on all aspects of the college admissions process. More questions about how I work? Give me a call.