You are getting ready to go visit colleges. You have already scheduled a tour and information session. But you just read my post that says you should talk to some actual students while you are visiting the college. What do you ask them?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- How difficult is it to get an appointment with a professor?
- If you are not doing well in a course are the professors willing to talk to you about how you can improve?
- How would you rate the teaching skills of your professors?
- What was your favorite class your first year? Why?
- What was the biggest class you took your first year?
- What was the smallest?
- Were you able to get enough individual attention in the larger classes?
- How easy is it to get into the classes you want?
- How much time do you spend doing homework each night?
- How many papers and tests do you have in a semester?
- What did you do last weekend? Do most students stay on campus during the weekends?
- What is the most important social event of the year?
- What type of individual would not be comfortable at this school?
- How do you like the food?
- Do you and your friends feel safe on campus?
- What are the residence halls like?
- Do the students take an active part in the discussion in class?
- What other colleges did you apply to?
- Why did you decide to attend this college?
This isn’t meant to be an all encompassing list of questions but hopefully it will get you started. And enjoy your visit.
[…] You can find the original article here. […]