New York University has announced that it is revising its policy for test submission for incoming freshman in the class of 2010.
The old policy required either the SAT or ACT and two SAT subject tests. The new policy requires one of the following:
- SAT and two SAT subject tests, or
- ACT with writing test, or
- SAT and two AP exam scores, or
- Three SAT subject tests in non-language tests, (one in literature or humanities, one in math or science, and one of the student’s choice), or
- Three AP exam scores (one in literature or humanities, one in math or science, and one non-language of the student’s choice).
As I have said before, the elimination of standardized tests for admissions seems to be the best option. However, as long as colleges insist on using standardized tests, a policy of accepting alternatives such as NYU is implementing is the next best option.
[…] requirements but this new policy of Bryn Mawr is a step in the right direction. Colby College and New York University have moved to similar policies in the past […]