The old policy required either the SAT or ACT and two SAT subject tests. The new policy requires one of the following:
- SAT and two SAT subject tests, or
- ACT with writing test, or
- SAT and two AP exam scores, or
- Three SAT subject tests in non-language tests, (one in literature or humanities, one in math or science, and one of the student’s choice), or
- Three AP exam scores (one in literature or humanities, one in math or science, and one non-language of the student’s choice).
As I have said before, the elimination of standardized tests for admissions seems to be the best option. However, as long as colleges insist on using standardized tests, a policy of accepting alternatives such as NYU is implementing is the next best option.